Come to the
75th Annual Bracewell Family Reunion
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Civic Center in Bedias, Texas
It is almost time for the 75th Annual Bracewell Reunion in Bedias, Texas. Bring your entire extended family. Guests are always welcome, too! Make it a point to invite some one new. To celebrate this historic milestone with the most interesting reunion in years, we are making several changes.
This year the reunion will be held at the Bedias Civic Center. Doors will open early and stay open all day. The move to the civic center allows us to plan more events and have many more amenities including air conditioning, restrooms, a full kitchen, playground and much more! We will still have the Pot Luck lunch, so bring your favorite dish. With the full kitchen, options are endless!
The civic center is located at 3652 Main Street in Bedias, Texas across from the Baptist Church. Signs will be posted at the two major intersections in town. A map and directions appear on the back of this flyer. You can also download directions at http://tiny.cc/CivicCenter">http://tiny.cc/CivicCenter
Separate events will run concurrently around the property, so you can choose from several activities. Currently planned activities (more in the planning stages!) are:
- Playground with slide, climbing, etc.
- Covered pavilion out back with basketball goal, picnic tables and lots of room to run.
- Moon Bounce for children (separate ones for small and large children)
- Easter Egg Hunt (each child should bring eggs; volunteers will hide them)
- Family photos and the popular "Who Are You" table (bring your photos to share)
- Music, of course! Bring your favorite musical instruments.
- Family Tree. Peruse all 40 feet of Bracewell ancestors!
- Genealogy Table. Documents from our family history, laptop with our family website.
- Family Memorabilia. Have something that has been passed down for generations? Bring and show it off.
- Old Baptist Church tour. This church is almost the same as the Mt. Pleasant Church our ancestors started.
- Introduction of new family members.
How to get there:
From Interstate 45: Take exit 123 (7 miles north of Huntsville, Texas). Go west on FM 1696 1.5 miles to U.S. Hwy. 75, turn left. Go 0.2 miles to Crabbs Prairie. Turn right on FM 1696 and go 20.1 miles to the Civic Center. Follow the signs.
From Highway 90: From TX Hwy 90, go west on FM 1696 (Main Street) for 0.1 mile. Follow the signs.