The Joseph Marion Bracewell Reunion is held each year on the 3rd Sunday of April, unless Easter falls that day. The reunion started in 1937 to celebrate our common ancestor, Joseph Marion Bracewell, who was a charter member of Mt. Pleasant Church. The Church stood on the grounds until it was removed a few months short of its 100th anniversary. The church was demolished in December, 1986 and donated to a private individual for building material. The same year the church grounds where deeded to the Mount Pleasant Cemetery Association maintained by the Bracewell family. The Bracewell reunion purchased and built a pavilion in the location where the church once stood.
Each year the Bracewell family returns to Mount Pleasant to remember our ancestors who sacrificed to give their descendent's a better life.
Collection of documents from the Bracewell Reunion