Bedias Baptist - Bedias, TX
Bedias First Baptist Church Historical Marker
The Rev. Anderson Buffington (1806-91), A Baptist Missionary who fought at the battle of San Jacinto in 1836, organized this church in 1848. Services were held in a small schoolhouse until the 1850s. In 1859 the congregation built this structure, which also served as a school until about 1903. Members of this fellowship helped start several other Baptist Churches nearby. The congregation survived a split in 1913, but later dwindled because of population changes. The last regular service was held here in 1965. Restored in 1974, the building was deeded to the Bedias Cemetery Association.
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may have articles.