• Article Count: 0 Bedias Methodist - Bedias, TX

     

     

  • Article Count: 0 Bedias Baptist - Bedias, TX

    Bedias First Baptist Church Historical Marker

    The Rev. Anderson Buffington (1806-91), A Baptist Missionary who fought at the battle of San Jacinto in 1836, organized this church in 1848. Services were held in a small schoolhouse until the 1850s. In 1859 the congregation built this structure, which also served as a school until about 1903. Members of this fellowship helped start several other Baptist Churches nearby. The congregation survived a split in 1913, but later dwindled because of population changes. The last regular service was held here in 1965. Restored in 1974, the building was deeded to the Bedias Cemetery Association.

  • Article Count: 1 St. Luke's - Smithfield, VA
  • Article Count: 1 St. Michaels - Bracewell, Lancashire, England
  • Article Count: 0 Mt. Pleasant - Dothan, AL
  • Article Count: 1 Mt Pleasant - Bedias, TX

    Mount Pleasant Church was organized in the summer of 1885 by Bro. C. R. Guerrant at the Sand Hill school house (which was located on the North side of Fm 1696 about 1/4 mile West of the "Red Hill Road" turn off). Charter members were Joseph Marion Bracewell and wife Emiline (James) Bracewell, William Barto Bracewell and wife Fannie (Shanks) Bracewell, W. J. Long and wife Sallie Long, also Mrs. Ella Jones. A church building was erected in 1886, which stood until just a few months short of its 100th anniversary. It was demolished in December 1985.

    GPS: N30.27979 W95.99862